About Velachery Chennai
Velachery is a beautiful residential area in South Chennai has got good growth in last 10 years due to the growth of the IT sector in south Chennai. A important hub connecting the rapidly growing top class IT corridor popularly called OMR. This place as a whole draws a perfect balance between Old and New Chennai and is an example in terms of growth.
The expeditious growth of Velachery as a commercial and residential hub, is due to its geographical advantage in terms of the connectivity to other parts of the city. The nearest airport to Velachery is the Chennai International Airport near Meenambakkam which is at a distance of ~8–10.5 km. Vijayanagar Bus Terminus is the major and biggest bus stand in the Velachery locality connecting with 3 most important road of the city Velachery Main Road, Taramani Link Road, and Velachery Bypass Road. VLCY-- Velachery is well connected by broad gauge rail to the rest of the city through the Velachery MRTS Railway Station.
Hire Packers and Movers in Velachery Chennai
When you are searching for "Packers and Movers in Velachery" its most likely you are searching for good local packing and moving company for shifting locally within Chennai. In that scenario you have came to perfect page where you get all local packers movers list from Velachery and nearby areas providing services in Velachery. And if you are looking for a professional moving company for moving outside Chennai its better to consider all domestic packers and movers in Chennai who can provide you good service at reasonable price. Here at Assure Shift we have listed all movers and packers Chennai Velachery, so that you could choose the best. If you need our help we will be happy to assist you in finding best match movers according to your budget and requirements.
Best Offered Packing and Moving Services
Local Household Shifting within Chennai
You can ask our help for shifting within Velachery or to anywhere in Chennai. We have cheap and Best Local Packers & Movers with 100% safety guarantee.
Hire Men for Loading and Unloading
If you require only manpower to load and unload your goods, you can hire any number of labours anywhere in Chennai at standard hourly and daily wedges rate.
Truck Rental for within Chennai Transport
Rent a truck of small, medium, or large size for some hours or whole day with experienced driver, and move you goods within Chennai.
Who are the best local packers and movers in Velachery?
It depends upon your requirement that who can serve you best. Like for small goods shifting of regular use goods in nearby localities near Velachery, then small transport service providers would be good choice. But if you require professional service for your valuable and sophisticated items it better to hire a known moving company in the City. There are many quality movers and packers in Chennai Velachery, based in Velachery and nearby areas serving good relocation services in Velachery.
Local Household Shifting Charges in Velachery Chennai
For most common 2 BHK home relocation with TV, Fridge, 2 Beds, 1 sofa, Washing Machine, and other kitchen utensils it could cost around Rs.5,000 - Rs.9,000. Where as for few goods of 1 BHK house you could have to spend around Rs.3,000 - Rs.6,000. For moving your household items within Chennai pricing depends upon 5 factors.
- Quantity and Weight of your household goods
- Distance between origin and destination.
- Origin and Destination Floor no, and availability of lift if not on ground floor.
- Packing material and type of goods
- Moving company service quality and their brand value
Why to Prefer Local Packers and Movers in Velachery Chennai?
- Local packers and movers in your locality and reach you fast and you can also visit their office.
- For local shifting within Chennai its best to hire a small moving company and save money.
- Local movers can provide cheap manpower, which will be enough for short distance move.
- There are many option, so you could negotiate and hire best offered company.
Our trusted packers and movers velachery can help you in any stage of your shifting process. Post your requirements to get 3 recommendations from us for best match packers and movers for local shifting in Chennai, and domestic moving outside Chennai.
11 Local Shifting FAQs
Difference between renting a truck and hiring professionals
If you rent a truck, you have to take complete responsibility for packing all the goods by yourself, searching for a dependable transport service and loading-unloading them. However, when you hire professionals, they will handle the entire relocation, and you will not have to do a single task; they will even use their own transport vehicle to shift the goods.
However, when you have to move less number of items and have friends who can help you with lifting and moving, renting a truck is the best option. But, when you have to move complete household goods and require expert help for shifting delicate items, it’s best to hire professional moving companies.
How much time will be taken to complete the move?
Local relocation from one locality to another can be completed within a single day depending on the number of items and the size of the house you’re moving.
Generally, moving companies can shift a standard 1 BHK within 4 – 5 hours; they will need at least 5 – 6 hours to move a 2 BHK, and a minimum of 6 – 8 hours or more for shifting a 3 BHK or bigger.
How ExpressDelevery24 helps in finding best local packers and movers for household shifting?
Ed24 performs complete background verification of the moving companies; we check their company registration and owner ID documents, office workspace, and transport arrangements. We also take regular feedback from our customers, to understand the service quality provided by the moving companies and make sure it is maintained. If we receive any complaints against the movers, we take immediate action by temporarily suspending their profiles or permanently blacklisting them, depending on the severity.
Once you tell us your shifting requirements, we will refer the 3 top relocation service providers in [city] near you who provide the required services within your budget.
How will packers and movers help in local shifting?
The moving companies make your local shifting easier by taking care of the following:
- packing all the household goods,
- loading them into the transport vehicle,
- transporting them from origin to destination,
- delivery and unloading at your doorstep, and
- unpacking of all the goods for home-arrangement.
Apart from these essential relocation services, they also perform disassembly of large goods before packing at the origin and re-assembly after unpacking them at the destination.
How to estimate charges for local shifting?
The movers calculate your shifting charges depending on:
- The number of household items you have to move;
- The amount of delicate and specialty items;
- How much packing material will be needed;
- What kind of vehicle is suitable to move all your goods in;
How to reduce shifting charges?
One of the primary factors that affect your relocation expenses is the quantity of goods you are moving. If you reduce the number of items by decluttering, your relocation charges can be reduced. You should also make sure that you plan the move well in advance and schedule the move on the right day.
It’s best to take quotations from at least 3 movers so that you can easily compare the estimated charges and company profiles, and hire the most relevant moving company.
What things should we not shift with packers and movers?
The ExpressDelevery24 packers and movers will not shift certain items which may cause damage to the other household items or to the transport vehicle. The relocation service providers will not move these goods:
- Valuable items like laptops, jewellery, important documents, etc.;
- Essential items like toiletries, medications, extra pair of clothes, cleaning supplies, etc.;
- Perishable food items which may get spoilt and ruin the other goods too;
- Hazardous liquids like fuel, motor oil, kerosene or other flammable liquids, paints, paint diluter, batteries, etc.;
- Explosive and corrosive items, etc.;
Should I pack household items by myself?
- If you have just few items to move, and if you don’t need labors for high-skilled packing, then you can pack by yourself and hire a truck to move them;
- If you have to move many items or a big house, it’s best to let the moving companies pack all the goods with expertise using top-quality packing material;
- When you hire movers, the shifting charges do not reduce much even if you decide to pack all the goods by yourself, so it’s best to let them do the packing properly.
What to do on moving day?
Before moving to your new home, make sure you take care of these tasks on moving day:
- Keep your essential bag, valuables and important documents in a separate room to make sure movers don’t take them;
- Take pictures and inventory of all the items and furniture before the moving companies pack them;
- Reserve the elevator, staircase and parking spot beforehand for undisturbed shifting;
- Guide movers during disassembly, packing, loading, unloading, unpacking, and re-assembly of all goods;
How to identify fake packers and movers?
- Fake moving companies will not have valid documents for GST registration, owner identification proofs, and so on.
- They will not have a proper company website or online profiles in social media.
- They will not have their own office workspace or may not have an office at all, and they may use rented transportation.
- Fake packers and movers will not have professional behavior when you meet them, or they may be friendly in the beginning and change entirely during the relocation.
What you should do while hiring movers?
- Select a few movers after verifying the company documents, and reading reviews and ratings about them;
- Contact the shortlisted movers, explain your shifting requirements, and take cost quotations from 3 or more movers;
- Request them to conduct a pre-move survey to get more accurate charges and to discuss the move in detail;
- Compare the shifting charges along with the company profiles and hire the best-suited packing and moving company which fulfills your requirements and budget needs;
What the movers will do after being hired?
- They will plan the entire relocation from start to finish;
- They will check how many items should be moved, how much packing material is needed, which truck is suitable to fit all the items comfortably, how to do the loading and unloading, and so on;
- They will handle the entire process of packing, loading, transporting, unloading, and unpacking all the goods;
- They will also disassemble and re-assemble large goods in order to ensure complete safety while moving;
How to prepare the house before the movers arrive?
There are many tasks to keep in mind and be prepared before the movers arrive; here are a few important and basic ones:
- Clear the pathway from door to truck for smooth loading;
- Take measurements of the furniture and doorways to make sure they fit properly;
- Use protective padding around the corners of the walls and doors;
How to decide how much to tip movers?
How much you should tip the movers completely depends upon what you are comfortable with. However, you should remember to tip the movers only at the end of the move, and hand over equal tips to each of them individually. A decent tip amount would be Rs 100 – Rs 150 for local shifting; or any higher amount which you are comfortable with.
How to find cheap and best packers and movers for local shifting?
It’s not difficult to find a list of moving companies, but it is challenging to identify trustworthy options. Due to the absence of a proper verification authority, there are many fake and unprofessional movers who attract customers with the lowest quotes.
To avoid getting trapped, you should do thorough verification of the company’s GST registration documents along with the owner’s ID proof and make sure the details match. You can also check if they have a website, and contact them or visit their office space at the location mentioned. Make sure they have a professional office set up and take note of how they behave when you visit them in person.
It may be difficult to choose the right movers since the relocation prices offered are very different; some of them are expensive, some are averagely-priced, and others are extremely low. Cheapest relocation companies may provide extremely poor-quality services or they may start increasing prices halfway through the move. The cheap and best solution is to choose an averagely-priced company which offers good services according to your requirements at affordable rates.
Why hire local packers and movers from Expressdelevery24?
Instead of looking for moving companies on unknown sources like Google or online directory websites, you can easily hire pre-verified movers through a reliable reference portal like Expressdelevery24.
- You will get a list of pre-verified packers and movers in [city] who have undergone a complete background verification of their registration documents and identification proofs.
- You can tell your shifting needs and quickly get 3 quotes from relevant movers according to your requirements and budget, and hire the most-suitable moving company within a few minutes.
- We regularly check the moving company performance to make sure they provide good-quality services to customers.
- We encourage customers to write reviews, so that we can keep track of complaints and problems.
- The movers with good reviews will be rewarded with top ranks; and, the movers having complaints against them will be penalized with reduced ranks and penalties like suspension or blacklisting.
- We are dedicated to offer 100% customer satisfaction, and our expert customer care team are available at all times and provide quick resolution to the problems faced by customers.
- We support our customers throughout their move, from the time they share the shifting requirements until they are relocated to their destination.
How many days before shifting should I start looking for a moving company?
The best time to look for packers and movers for local shifting is at least 3 – 10 days before the date of the move.
How to verify genuineness and professionalism of Express packers and movers?
To verify whether a moving company is genuine or not, you should check:
- Does the packers and movers company have a valid GST registration certificate?
- How long they have been in business?
- How much experience do they have in performing your kind of move?
- What do previous customers say about them in reviews and ratings?
- Do they have their own transport vehicles?
- Do they have insurance coverage for safeguarding your goods during transit?
To find out if the packers and movers are professional or not, check:
- How did they behave with you when you visited their office?
- How did they respond when you asked them to show their documents?
- What procedure did they follow before providing with the shifting charges?
- Did they provide you with written quotes?
- Did they included hidden charges in the price list given to you?